So it’s kind of embarrassing that Danny has done a better job than me at keeping up with posts. I have a bunch of pending recipes for you guys so don’t worry! Here is one I made a few weeks back. I highly recommend that people purchase a slow cooker. Especially working moms, or people who don’t have time to make dinner every night. It is an awesome way to make a ton of food in one shot. The best thing about it is that they take little to NO effort whatsoever!
I don’t really measure my spices ever so measurements don’t need to be accurate. Add more or less according to your preference.
BBQ Spare Ribs
- 5 lbs Pork Spare Ribs
– Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
– Salt (I use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
– 1/4 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp chili powder
– 1/2 tsp mustard powder
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
– 1/4 cup Organic Dark Brown Sugar (Optional)
1. The night before, mix all spices in a bowl. Drizzle ribs with oil then rub in spice rub. Store in a freezer bag in the fridge overnight.
2. The next morning, place ribs in slow cooker. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. About 20 minutes before you are ready to eat, place ribs on baking sheet lined with foil in oven at 350. If you are using the brown sugar (meaning you can afford it), sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of the ribs. Leave them in for about 15 minutes or until ribs have turned crispy. Let cool for a few minutes then serve with your favorite side.
**You can leave slow cooker set to Warm until you are ready to eat.